Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Reflection Post

Courtesy of Nikki Guillette
When I decided to take this class, Introduction to Technology for Educators, I knew I would be learning beneficial information.  I was not disappointed by any means!  I am amazed at how much I have learned this semester from this course.  Before this class, I knew the basics of the internet; how to explore for information and surf, but had often wondered how websites and Blogs were set up and arranged.  I can now say, “I know how to do that!”  I am very proud of what I have accomplished through my assignments because this is what learning is all about.  Even though there were some weeks when I felt like giving up because of the workload, I kept struggling, and as each week passed, it was one more week conquered.  I may not have worked on all of the tools that the professor suggested, due to lack of time and yes, frustration, but I do plan to explore them in the future.  It will be to my benefit to do so, and I welcome the challenge.
  
Courtesy of Denis Krebs
I enjoyed doing several of the assignments, like the WebQuest, the web page, our collaborate Lesson Plan (Go Green Team!), and even the Wiki Project (I struggled through this one).  I enjoyed the collaborate assignment because it encouraged our team to work together through cooperation, and each member contributed her creativity skills.   also liked the discussions because it gave the class an opportunity to communicate with each other and reflect on our individual thoughts.  Even though my projects may not have been perfect, I learned the concepts and feel confident that through practice I can get better at them.  That is what I plan to do, continue practicing what I have learned as I pursue my education and my career. 

I plan to implement some of the concepts I have learned at work with the group of children in our after school program.  I have always enjoyed teaching others, so they can do for themselves and feel gratified.  Our world is technology driven, and I plan to be a part of it especially after learning so much from this course.  I am proof that when you set your mind to doing something, it can be achieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment